The world's 1st and UK's only accredited training course about Whisky. It is a fun and interactive training programme designed specifically for the Licensed Trade, giving staff the knowledge, skills, and confidence to communicate with customers about Scotland’s national drink. This leads to better customer experience and improves sales revenue.
The candidate will:
- understand why Whisky is unique, and the production areas in Scotland.
- be able to provide appropriate service for Whiskies.
- gain knowledge and skills to confidently recommend, sell and up-sell Whiskies.
Who Should Attend
Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from
- F&B establishments, Hotels & Hospitality industries
- retailers / distributors / importers / exporters dealing with wine & spirits
- Individuals with a keen interest in whiskies
- Individuals seeking a career in the F&B, wines & spirits and retail industries
7 hours (1 day), same day examination
- Whisky by Numbers
- The Basics – History, Geography, Production
- Glassware, Presentation and Sales
- Nosing and Tasting
- Drink Less. Drink Better
- Mixers and Cocktails
- Other World Whiskies
- 30 multiple-choice questions
- Blind tasting of 4 Whiskies
Candidate must achieve a minimum of 21 questions and 2 whiskies correct in 35 minutes.
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin from The Whisky Ambassador will be awarded.
SGD 680 - includes materials, whiskies & examination for 1 sitting..
**Special rates available for bulk enrolment.
Eligible candidates may claim from SSG Skillsfuture.
In addition, NTUC UTAP subsidies also applicable for NTUC members.