Equip yourself with a SSG subsidy and SkillsFuture Credit approved course in 2019! WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits!
Class on 12th and 13th January '19, from 9 am to 6 pm
Examination on 26th January '19, from 10 am
This course provides a broad coverage of all product categories in the field of alcoholic drinks, together with the theory of tasting technique. It is suitable wherever a sound but simple level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies for example, in the customer service and sales functions of the hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries. It is also useful for those who have a general interest in the subject.
The candidate will
• be able to interpret the labels of the major wines and spirits of the world.
• be able to give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service of wines and spirits.
• understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
Who Should Attend
• Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from the F&B and wines & spirits industries
• Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from retail industry offering wines & spirits
• Professionals or Individuals with keen interest in wines
• Individuals seeking a career in the F&B, wines & spirits and retail industries
16.25 hour (2 days), examination on schedule
• How Wine is Made and Other Factors Influencing The Style of Wine
• Key White Grape Varieties
• Key Red Grape Varieties
• Wine-Producing Regions of The World
• Sparkling Wines
• Sweet Wines and Fortified Wines
• Spirits and Liqueurs
• Label Terminology
• Food & Wine Pairing
• The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
• 50 multiple-choice questions
Candidate must achieve a minimum 55% in the multiple-choice question paper in 60 minutes.
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin from Wine & Spirit Education Trust will be awarded.
$1180 net per person (inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees, wines for tasting and one sitting of examination)
Subsidy of up to 95% of the course fees per person from SSG is available for Singaporeans and PRs upon achieving full attendance and successfully passes the assessment. SSG subsidy is for company sponsored candidates only. Other terms & conditions from SSG apply.
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above with SkillsFuture Credit may utilise their credit for payment of course fees.
Please ensure that you have read up our terms & conditions from our website before signing up for the course.
For More Information
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 8727 6650